About Me

My photo
Carlisle, Pennsylvania
I am a stay at home mom..now that is! February 19th, 2007 I was involved in a car accident while on vacation in Florida. I awoke in ICU to find out that my only two children Annemarie age 3 and Michael age 5 did not make it. Scrapbooking became such a big part of my life. It helped fill a void that I desperately needed to fill. Our therapist suggested that I take up scrapbooking as a way to memorialize my children, little did she know! So I took that and ran with it.I became obsessed with scrapping and took over the second largest room in my house. Because of my injuries I couldn't go out and get a job, I just scrapped!I printed out 2,000 photos and my journey began. I have made albums for family members and layouts to decorate my craft room. We thought we were done having kids but who expected this tragedy??? I just gave birth in June 2009 to two beautiful baby girls Mia Anne and Gianna Marie named after their brother and sister.I swore that I would keep up with their albums so I won't become overwhelmed so we will see how that works out! My profile picture is the last family picture that was taken of all of us.

Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Something Old, Something New

Hello everyone! Today is the very first post of 2016 over at The Sisterhood of Crafters.  I am honored to be hosting this challenge.  To go with the whole New Years theme I decided to do a challenge based around "Something Old, Something New".  We are asking you to created a project using something Old and Something New as well as posting which items are which in your post.

Over the past month I have been really trying to organize my craft room in hopes of being able to be more productive.  So this challenge was right up my alley!  Recently I got the Misti crafting tool and couldn't wait to try it out. I used it for both projects.  

For my first project I used the Misti to stamp a PKS background stamp called Grandma's Floor.  I have had this stamp for years.  I never got a good stamp with the background stamps so I kinda put them aside.  Now with the Misti I can do that with ease! 

First I embossed the background with some White embossing powder I have had for at least 8 or 9 years on some Straton watercolor paper I just bought.  I inked it in several places with a new set of mini distress inks from Tim Holtz. After I was done inking I sprayed it with water using my new TH distress sprayer.  To be honest when I got the sprayer I had buyer's remorse thinking it was a waste of money.  NOPE! Not at all...I love that thing. You get several different sprays, droplets etc all from the same sprayer.  I then added some Glossy Accents to the center parts of the designs. I tried to get a good pic of how it is raised but it was hard.

 I broke out my new border dies from Craftin' Desert Divas called Mix It Up Dies as well as my brand spankin new SIZZIX BIG SHOT for it's maiden voyage.  Man I love that thing!! So much better to use than the Cuttlebug.  For the sentiment I used a old stamp set from PaperTrey Ink that I have probably had for about 7 or 8 years and embossed it in white on my die cut.



For my next project I created a star pattern with my new stamp set from Craftin' Desert Divas called ACROSS THE BORDERS.  Using the MISTI tool really made it easy to stamp repetitive columns of the same stamp in different colors. The inks I used I just got from Hero Arts Kelly Purkey's Urban mini ink set.  I just loved the color combo and based the card around them.  The sentiments came from one of my first CDD stamp sets called BRING ON THE CAKE which I embossed with some silver embossing powder that I have had forever. Last but not least I completed the card with some balloon dies from my CDD Party Dies. This was my attempt at a masculine card.


I hope you come on by and play along with us over at The Sisterhood of Crafters.

Have a great day & Happy Crafting!

6 comments:

  1. WOW Lisa these are fabulous.....I love how you created your designs, however now you have 'enabled'' me to want that darn Misti tool...I went to YouTube to read all about it..lol!! I also have the TH distress sprayer and have never used it, guess I need to dig it out..right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW Lisa these are fabulous.....I love how you created your designs, however now you have 'enabled'' me to want that darn Misti tool...I went to YouTube to read all about it..lol!! I also have the TH distress sprayer and have never used it, guess I need to dig it out..right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the techniques you used to create your fun cards!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cool! I love the colors you used on both!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cool! I love the colors you used on both!

    ReplyDelete