About Me

My photo
Carlisle, Pennsylvania
I am a stay at home mom..now that is! February 19th, 2007 I was involved in a car accident while on vacation in Florida. I awoke in ICU to find out that my only two children Annemarie age 3 and Michael age 5 did not make it. Scrapbooking became such a big part of my life. It helped fill a void that I desperately needed to fill. Our therapist suggested that I take up scrapbooking as a way to memorialize my children, little did she know! So I took that and ran with it.I became obsessed with scrapping and took over the second largest room in my house. Because of my injuries I couldn't go out and get a job, I just scrapped!I printed out 2,000 photos and my journey began. I have made albums for family members and layouts to decorate my craft room. We thought we were done having kids but who expected this tragedy??? I just gave birth in June 2009 to two beautiful baby girls Mia Anne and Gianna Marie named after their brother and sister.I swore that I would keep up with their albums so I won't become overwhelmed so we will see how that works out! My profile picture is the last family picture that was taken of all of us.

Monday, July 20, 2015

Christmas in July!

Good morning everyone! Today starts a new linky party over at Craftin' Desert Divas.  We are celebrating Christmas in July.  

The first idea I had was to make a snow globe and turn it into a shaker card.  The reindeer was from the NOVEMBER FREEBIE stamp set and the sentiments came from SIMPLY CHRISTMAS.  The snow globe base came from Too Cute By Jessica'S LET IT SNOW SNOWGLOBE which I altered to fit my needs.  The stitched tag die is from the TAG Essentials die set.  To make the snow hills I used the OUTDOOR LANDSCAPE dies.  

The bad thing is before you shake the card you can't make out the many snow hill layers I have inside. To add some bling to the card I used a sequins mix that will be released shortly ( a little sneak peek for you all!!), Spectrum Noir markers, Glossy Accents, Stickles, and two of my Doodlebug Sprinkles set called Red, White & Blue as well as Birthday Boy.  




This card is almost a 6x6 in size and it is very heavy due to all the layers. I used so much foam tape and mounting dots to add the dimension I wanted to the card.

SUPPLIES USED:









2 comments:

  1. This is such a fabulous Christmas card! LOVE the dimension!!! :)

    Theresa
    Scrappers Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just gorgeous. Love the snow globe shaker box design.
    Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete