About Me

My photo
Carlisle, Pennsylvania
I am a stay at home mom..now that is! February 19th, 2007 I was involved in a car accident while on vacation in Florida. I awoke in ICU to find out that my only two children Annemarie age 3 and Michael age 5 did not make it. Scrapbooking became such a big part of my life. It helped fill a void that I desperately needed to fill. Our therapist suggested that I take up scrapbooking as a way to memorialize my children, little did she know! So I took that and ran with it.I became obsessed with scrapping and took over the second largest room in my house. Because of my injuries I couldn't go out and get a job, I just scrapped!I printed out 2,000 photos and my journey began. I have made albums for family members and layouts to decorate my craft room. We thought we were done having kids but who expected this tragedy??? I just gave birth in June 2009 to two beautiful baby girls Mia Anne and Gianna Marie named after their brother and sister.I swore that I would keep up with their albums so I won't become overwhelmed so we will see how that works out! My profile picture is the last family picture that was taken of all of us.

Thursday, March 26, 2015

Throwback Thursday

Good morning!  Today is my day to host the daily post over on Craftin Desert Divas blog.  In honor of Throwback Thursday I used one of the very first CDD stamp sets I purchased.  I used Snips & Snails to make both of these mini albums.  I used a mini album from the Silhouette Store and changed it up to meet my needs.


I made both albums in a boy theme which can be used for a baby up to a young childs age.  I added some small inserts for journaling or extra pictures.




This is the front cover of the other album.  

I used several sentiments scattered in both of the albums. 

Below are a few close ups of them.


I needed the sentiment to be long so I simply masked off the word "Buddy" and then masked off the other half and stamped it in a different color.

This is the stamp set that I used for both of my projects.

SNIPS &SNAILS can be found HERE.




Have a great day and HAPPY CRAFTING!

4 comments:

  1. I just began following you. I came across your album when I was checking out the latest post for Craftin' Desert Divas. I was immediately drawn to you because of your BlogSpot name. I then read your story. First I must say I am so sorry for your loss. Second I too have lost 2 babies: my son Aiden was stillborn at 29 weeks and 6 days gestation due to a complete placental abruption and I miscarried just 11 months later at only 8 weeks gestation in 2005. I also was turned onto scrapbooking as a form of therapy but I have not been able to keep up with my son's scrapbook because I got into the hard stuff and well you know life gets in the way. Now 10 years later and I still haven't gotten back to it, too difficult to deal with those emotions. I am so glad to have found your blog and love what I have seen. I look forward to seeing more beautiful projects from you in the future.

    Carol (Carol's Creations)
    4evercarolscreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, I am sorry but I put the comment for these in the space for your cards! I was so taken with how beautiful they are and how they make such great keepsakes. Your cards are lovely too. I wanted to say thanks for your kind comments. Vee xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fantastic little album! I love the colours you've used!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just Beautiful!!!!
    Have a wonderful day my friend,
    Millie
    Crafting With Creative M

    ReplyDelete