About Me

My photo
Carlisle, Pennsylvania
I am a stay at home mom..now that is! February 19th, 2007 I was involved in a car accident while on vacation in Florida. I awoke in ICU to find out that my only two children Annemarie age 3 and Michael age 5 did not make it. Scrapbooking became such a big part of my life. It helped fill a void that I desperately needed to fill. Our therapist suggested that I take up scrapbooking as a way to memorialize my children, little did she know! So I took that and ran with it.I became obsessed with scrapping and took over the second largest room in my house. Because of my injuries I couldn't go out and get a job, I just scrapped!I printed out 2,000 photos and my journey began. I have made albums for family members and layouts to decorate my craft room. We thought we were done having kids but who expected this tragedy??? I just gave birth in June 2009 to two beautiful baby girls Mia Anne and Gianna Marie named after their brother and sister.I swore that I would keep up with their albums so I won't become overwhelmed so we will see how that works out! My profile picture is the last family picture that was taken of all of us.

Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Roses for your Sweetheart

Good morning everyone!  Today starts a new challenge hosted by our wonderful Sister Terri over at the Sisterhood of Crafters.  She is asking that we make a project for our Sweetheart and it must include ROSES somewhere on the project.

Outside of the album.


 Here is an example of some of the photo mats I used to tuck into the pockets.  Paper is double sided so you can use both sides for pictures.  You can also use the pocket to write or put another picture.


Close up of one of the pockets.


I took this picture so you could get the idea of how the album is laid out in it's entirety.  You will see down below where I mention I put this together wrong. Oh well, a wise little girl once told me that there are no mistakes in something handmade. LOL!

I wanted to make this 4x6 album for a long time now.  I got this album from the Silhouette store.  I believe it is by Lori Whitlock but I am not 100% certain. I could not find a tutorial anywhere so I had to wing it.  Therefore I made many mistakes.  For example, I didn't bind the book together before I put the DP's down.  Had I have done that the parts that attach would be hidden and not visible.  And I was in such a rush to bind it to the cover before the glue dried, I glued it in upside and backwards.  It doesn't make a huge difference but it bothers me.  There is nothing I could do about it, and the album still works.  Rather than trash it, I made my mistakes work!! lol

 In my stash I found the perfect papers for this from My Mind's Eyes line Kate & Co.  Several of the papers have these gorgeous big (and small) roses in the design so they fit perfectly.  Also included in the kit were a package of matching brads and embellishments so I stuck a few of those in between the paper roses.

 I used my Basic Grey Magnet for the closure.
  Those things are amazing, so thin you barely even see they are there but yet strong!  For the sentiment on front I cut out one of the sentiments that came on one of the designer sheets of paper.  I think this is a fun way of keeping pictures and keepsakes of someone you love.  Whether it be a child, spouse, etc.

I sure hope you stop on by The Sisterhood to help spread some love and show us your crafty creations!

3 comments:

  1. OMG this is absolutely FABULOUS Lisa! LOVE the overall project and the papers you've picked are all so pretty and HAPPY! Great job Sistah!!! You are an inspiration! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Lisa, this is fabulous, gorgeous papers and so creative! Mistakes, heck we all make them, but I sure don't any on this..it is so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello. Got caught my attention your profile stories and cover photos. I am a mother and I don't know what should I do if that would happen to me. Thank God that he gave you another children. Cherish every moment with your kids. By the way you are so very creative. Thanks for inspiring us. God bless you and your family

    Rica
    www.imarksweb.org

    ReplyDelete